Compass Airlines is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic Recruiter to join our team at one of the following locations:
LAX - Los Angeles
PHX - Phoenix
SEA - Seattle
We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Recruiter position is responsible for mechanics and other non-crew recruiting in accordance with employment law regulations and recruiting principles. The Recruiter conducts candidate sourcing, review of candidate qualifications, interviewing, job fairs, and new hire on boarding. Maintains a close relationship with department heads. The recruiter position will generally specialize in the recruitment of one position.
- Must have experience recruiting for Maintanance positions
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong PC skills with the Microsoft Office Suite software. Specific competency in spreadsheet or database programs.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and listening
- Ability to multi-task and set/follow priorities
- General knowledge in area of labor law, staffing processes and general employment law impacting recruitment and staffing
- Airline industry knowledge helpful
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Coordinate internal and external recruiting workshops, meeting, and recruitment functions and activities.
- Must have well developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive to raise issues.
- Interacts with external and internal candidates and all employees in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support other within the department when needed.
- Ensure adherence of company standards and comply with federal/state employment regulations.
- Perform special analysis and project assignments as required.
- Maintain appropriate membership and certifications in organizations relating to industry technologies.
- Attends appropriate industry conferences, trade shows and other activities.
- Responsible for the recruitment process in Minneapolis and other areas.
- Creates job postings, initial candidate screening, coordination of Drug and Background Checks, Fingerprinting and paperwork processing including completion of new hire data form.
- Responsible for initial review, candidate interviews and participates in reference checks, PRIA record requests and reviews/approves background reports.
- Conducts new hire on-boarding orientation.
- Manages routine inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
- Provides recruitment support to department in all positions as needed.
- Travel required and will vary to attend local and long distance career and recruiting events, conduct interviews, visit trade schools, etc.
- Schedule is generally Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, with weekends as needed for special projects and/or career events
- Prolonged periods working seated at a desk with a computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.