The Supervisor, Inflight is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Compass Airlines’ Flight Attendants. This involves the leadership of a staff focused on the delivery of safety and customer service. The Supervisor of Inflight will provide coaching and support to the Flight Attendant workforce. In addition, they will ensure quality customer service by monitoring onboard service and overall Flight Attendant operational performance.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school is preferred.
- One to three years line experience as a Flight Attendant. Must have working knowledge of Part 121 operations.
- Three to five years of experience in a Supervisory or Leadership position.
- FAA-Issued Flight Attendant Certificate is desired.
- Able to read, write, and speak fluently in the English language.
- Legal to work in the United States (A citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work).
- Responsible for the development of the Flight Attendant workforce.
- Ensures strict and timely compliance with all FAA and other regulatory requirements as well as Compass Airlines’ established policies and procedures.
- Promotes and secures adherence to policies that ensure the highest levels of safety through the Inflight staff.
- Develops and implements rigorous safety and service delivery approaches and standards for a higher level of procedural consistency in the cabin.
- Works closely with the Manager of Inflight to establish a clear overall business and operating strategy for the Inflight department.
- Promotes a work environment that operates within core values, division goals, and supports team effort, open communication, continual improvement.
- Develops and implements corrective action plans based on results of Flight Attendant proficiency audits.
- Liaises closely with other major functions within the organization, ensuring that cross-business unit relationships and work processes are strong and that the units work effectively in delivering top quality safety and service.
- Represents the Inflight department with business partners and with regulatory agencies such as the FAA and DOD.
- Maintains a network with other airlines to assist in best-practices information exchanges.
- Receives, interprets, and disseminates information from vendors, partners and regulatory agencies.
- Reviews external candidate applications, conducts interviews and makes recommendations for hire.
- Provides on-call assistance to respond to emergencies, procedural questions, coordinates problems and makes on-the-spot management decisions.
- Responsible for the collection and handling of daily on-board sales monies/deposits.
- Partner with Drug & Alcohol Program to ensure DOT/FAA compliance.
- Travel to complete Quality Assurance Rides
- Maintains qualification as a Flight Attendant.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of overall flight attendant duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Inflight policies, procedures and processes.
- Must have a track record of outstanding personal leadership and accomplishments.
- Must have a highly approachable demeanor, ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to communicate with excellent listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of emotions, frustration and unusual behaviors diplomatically and professionally.
- Ability to apply common sense in understanding and dealing with employees. Situations should be dealt with diplomatically and professionally.
- Demonstrates a high degree of objectivity in assessing and evaluating problems and opportunities. Fact-based, analytic and structured in approach with a demonstrated ability to quickly diagnose and understand complex situations and to prescribe practical solutions.
- Must be skilled in ability to communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the Company.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills and is able to articulate views.
- Ensures a high degree of confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be decisive and flexible.
- Must have demonstrated above average skills in the areas of planning, organization and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of overall airline operations.
- Understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations as related to flight attendant operations.
- PC skills desired including familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable addressing large groups of people.
- Must be able to support and develop projects/programs simultaneously.
- Exposed to labor relations activities and experienced in the implementation and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Possesses a reputation for operational safety and reliability, integrity, consistency and adherence to corporate values.
- Capable of building strong working relationships across departmental boundaries.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Will include alternative work schedules, including night and weekend schedules.
- Travel 25 % throughout the domestic United States Canada and Mexico is required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.