Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM plus weekly rotation as on call person after hours and on weekends.
- The Manager, Training Scheduling is responsible for oversight of all training schedulers, training software programs and training products to ensure that the various pilot training plans are met through the efficient scheduling of students, instructors and devices for all ground and flight training events.
- The specific duties of the Manager, Training Scheduling are listed below but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly student and instructor training schedules based on published training programs and training plans.
- Ensuring accuracy and currency of the crew members schedules in compliance with training programs and all recognized labor agreements and relevant company guidance.
- Amending student and instructor schedules to reflect changes in the program caused by changes in training times, scheduled and unscheduled absences, training failures and simulator and other device availability.
- Making student and instructor flight and hotel reservations to meet the training requirement.
- Making decisions that are consistent with the training plan as determined by the General Manager, Flight Operations Training.
- Communicating with the General Manager, Flight Operations Training regarding training plans, instructor and student management and labor related training issues.
- Ensuring that the information in the scheduling software is accurate and complete so that the information being sent to the crew members, students and instructors meets all Company and FAR requirements.
- Preparing weekly and quarterly reports to the FAA regarding student performance and check airman usage.
- Communicating with other departments regarding pilot staffing to create and update the annual training plans.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must be willing to work on call after hours and on weekends on a rotational basis.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of FAA regulations as they apply to crew records, qualifications, duty and training requirements.
- Previous scheduling experience preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.