Compass Airlines is seeking a Manager Maintenance Planning to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Job Purpose: To provide oversight and direction for the Maintenance Planning Team working with Maintenance, Engineering, Materials and Dispatch in planning short and long term maintenance. To produce short and long term maintenance and special projects schedules and oversee their implementation. To oversee the planning and scheduling of all required inspections, overhauls, Engineering Orders, Fleet Campaigns, Airworthiness Directives and any other tasks as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Experience in Maintenance Planning and/or related discipline (Line/Hangar Maintenance, Maintenance Control)
- Supervisory experience with the ability to train and motivate a team.
- Must have strong analytical skills and possess the ability to work well with others
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Project.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language, both verbal and written.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license
- Degree in Business or Aviation with related experience.
- Background in Line/Hangar aircraft maintenance.
- Experience with using Computer based tracking systems.
- Experience with using Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional.
- Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of Maintenance Planning concepts.
- Working knowledge of aircraft systems and ATA codes.
- Working knowledge in the use of aircraft/engine maintenance manuals and IPC’s.
- Possess the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
- Possess the ability to produce short and long term maintenance schedules.
- Working knowledge and understanding of computer based tracking systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and levels of personnel within and outside the company.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects with a high degree of attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to handle difficult situations whilst maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, and Project.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional.
- Must be willing to operate in a 24/7 environment.
- Provide oversight and direction for the Maintenance Planning team.
- Assist in establishing and implementing Maintenance Planning department policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and manage implementation of all short and long range maintenance and special projects schedules.
- Oversee the scheduling of all required Maintenance Programs tasks, Engineering modifications, inspections and repairs.
- Monitor the flight schedule and coordinate with the Operations department to ensure aircraft are routed appropriately to meet the required maintenance allocations and schedules
- Oversee the Planning team coordination with Maintenance Control, Maintenance, Engineering and Materials on all manpower, parts and tooling requirements.
- Oversee the Planning team daily workload prioritization and adjustments for schedule changes.
- Monitor and maintain fleet daily utilization set up in Maximo.
- Monitor fleet performance, provides feedback and guidance to the Maintenance Planning team.
- Oversee training and development of Maintenance Planning team members.
- Assist and oversee the implementation of technology and process improvements.
- Perform duties of SMS Hazard Owner as required.
- Interface with the Supervisor Maintenance Programs.
- Coordinate with outside vendors as necessary.
- Administrative duties for Maintenance Planning team.
- Produce various reports as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in an open office environment.
- Prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.