Provides in-depth knowledge, skill, and experience relating primarily to aircraft Avionics and Systems as well as associated alteration and repair programs. Conducts daily task activities to monitor, assess, and take appropriate actions needed to maintain aircraft equipment safely, reliably, and economically. Liaises directly with equipment manufacturers and service providers to develop and produce technical data and documents used in the maintenance and repair of company aircraft. Provides after-hours engineering support to Maintenance Control during AOG situations.
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent level of experience in an electrical or aeronautical discipline.
- Very competent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to read and write fluently in the English language.
- Basic mathematical competency together with a knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Basic Trigonometry to support engineering analysis.
- At least 6 months experience processing engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline).
- Possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (Required if not degreed).
- At least 3 years of experience processing avionics/systems engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline).
- Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs in order to access aircraft when in the hangar.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAR’s with emphasis on parts 121, 91, 43, 25, 26, 21.
- Must be able to analyze Airworthiness Directives and manufacturers service information.
- Avionics knowledge/experience of Embraer 175 is desired; will consider other aircraft experience
- Systems knowledge/experience of Embraer 175 is desired; will consider other aircraft experience
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience using AutoCAD software to produce engineering drawings (preferred).
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Generate engineering documents (EOs / EAs) to specify actions required to comply with ADs and to accomplish service bulletins, alterations, repairs, and the manufacture of company produced parts.
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control, Line Maintenance, and Check Maintenance for avionics and systems issues.
- Provide after-hours engineering support during AOG situations
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc.) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet.
- Present engineering proposals to PRB, as required.
- Generate FCDs for accomplishment of fleet inspections.
- Coordinate projects with applicable departments (for example, In-Flight, Flight Operations, and Ground Operations).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in enclosed workstation and periodically in an open work environment (hangar). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Travel may occasionally be required to support AOG aircraft
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.