Compass Airlines is currently seeking a Technical Engineering Specialist - Powerplant for our Minneapolis, Minnesota - Headquarters location. We have an immediate need for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Provides in-depth knowledge, skill, and experience relating primarily to aircraft Powerplants and APUs as well as associated alteration and repair programs. Conducts daily task activities to monitor, assess, and take appropriate actions needed to maintain aircraft equipment safely, reliably, and economically. Liaises directly with equipment manufacturers and service providers to develop and produce technical data and documents used in the maintenance and repair of company aircraft. Provides after-hours engineering support to Maintenance Control during AOG situations.
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent level of experience in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline.
- Very competent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to read and write fluently in the English language.
- Basic mathematical competency together with a knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Basic Trigonometry to support engineering analysis.
- At least 6 months experience processing engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline).
- Possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (Required if not degreed).
- At least 3 years of experience processing Powerplant/APU engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline).
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs in order to access aircraft when in the hangar.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAR’s with emphasis on parts 121, 91, 43, 33, 36, 21.
- Must be able to analyze Airworthiness Directives and manufacturers service information.
- Powerplant knowledge/experience of GE CF34-8E is desired; will consider other powerplant experience
- APU knowledge/experience of APS 2300 is desired; will consider other APU experience
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience using AutoCAD software to produce engineering drawings (preferred).
- Review Engine Health Monitoring & Oil Consumption data, issue trend alerts as required to specify troubleshooting and corrective action measures. Liaise with Maintenance Planning to ensure removal of engines in accordance with degradation limits.
- Generate engineering documents (EOs / EAs) to specify actions required to comply with ADs and to accomplish service bulletins, alterations, major repairs, and the manufacture of Company Produced Parts. Coordinate parts and tooling for compliance.
- Author & Publish Engine and APU Work-Scope Documents, obtain required financial approvals, and coordinate with vendor to manage engine through repair process
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control, Line Maintenance, and Check Maintenance for Powerplant and APU issues.
- Provide after-hours engineering support during AOG situations
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc.) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet.
- Generate FCDs for accomplishment of fleet inspections.
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet
- Present engineering proposals to PRB, as required.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of significant power plant events
- (e.g. Engine Changes, Lease Returns, On-wing Repairs, Inflight Shutdowns, etc)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in enclosed workstation and periodically in an open work environment (hangar). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Travel may occasionally be required
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should use the “Apply for this position” button below. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.