Compass Airlines is seeking a Operation Analyst to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for analysis and tracking of various companywide performance and operational metrics to identify trends and issues pertinent to achieving Company performance standards.
- 4 year college degree required with a strong math and analysis focus preferred.
- Experience in analysis of complex problems to develop trending information, reporting and solutions.
- Strong Computer skills including in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- 1 – 3 years of aviation experience in areas of flight operations, ground operations, systems operations control, scheduled planning, dispatch, or operation analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge of MySQL database structure and database information analysis tools such as BRIO and Microsoft Access preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact and make presentations to senior management both of internal and external to Compass Airlines and Trans States Holdings.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to learn new disciplines quickly.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability.
- Ability to listen, understand and translate processes and information in order to analyze and make recommendations on process improvements.
- Monitor and report on daily flight on-time and completion factor performance details.
- Validate operational, fuel, and schedule data. Aid IT in loading data and maintaining operational datasets.
- Analyze historical and ongoing block performance to make recommendations for future flight schedules.
- Analyze and report on upcoming flight schedules to identify and communicate any possible operational issues.
- Work with Dispatch to monitor planned fuel loads to achieve effective fuel management to maintain safe operations while maximize aircraft payload.
- Coordinate with codeshare partners in the exchange of operational data.
- Develop tracking mechanisms as required to monitor operation performance of the Trans States Holdings family of airlines.
- Provide clarification, coordination, and facilitate resolution of delay and cancellation disputes between departments.
- Produce required monthly reports distributed to Compass Senior Management, GoJet Airlines Senior Management, Trans States Airlines Senior Management, Trans States Holdings leadership, and codeshare leadership.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.