Compass Airlines is seeking a Quality Assurance Technical Auditor to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The QA Technical Auditor assists the Supervisor – Technical Audits in the operation and performance of the Technical Audit and CASS portions of the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS), as assigned by the Manager – Quality Assurance.
The Technical Auditor will assist the Supervisor – Technical Audits in ensuring the CASS is implemented, pro-active, adapts to regulatory and company changes, and meets the internal and external requirements of monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP). Additional responsibilities include support of the Ground De-Ice / Anti-Ice and Fuel surveillance programs, and Safety Management System (SMS) compliance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline or 1-4 years of aviation experience in the area of Quality Assurance, Quality Control or Maintenance
- US FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate - Preferred.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel (including Charts), Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally represent Compass Airlines with internal and external entities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write, present and defend technical reports.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Preferred
- Transport Category US Airline (14 CFR 121) Maintenance, Inspection and Safety Experience.
- Technical Auditing Experience (Internal and / or External).
- Extensive Knowledge and Understanding of CFR’s related to Airline Technical Operations (Tech Ops – Maintenance, Engineering, Inspection, Planning, Materials, etc.).
- Experience in the areas of heavy maintenance facilities, hangar and / or line maintenance operations.
- Familiarity with turbine engine repair and overhaul facilities.
- Familiarity with composite construction and repair, calibration facilities, non-destructive testing (NDT), welding, machining and plating facilities and their associated standards and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of 14 CFR 145 Certificated Repair Station (CRS) and sub-contractor activities.
- Familiarity with CFR’s related to aircraft parts eligibility.
- Familiarity with Aircraft De-Ice / Anti-Ice Programs.
- Familiarity with Aircraft Fueling and Fuel Storage quality standards (ATA Spec 103, B836).
- Familiarity with aircraft component repair, overhaul (including tear-down report requirements) and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance recordkeeping (AD’s, SB’s, log pages, etc.).
- Familiar with aircraft maintenance manuals, component maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins and other maintenance and operations publications. Familiar with ATA coding for aircraft systems, subsystems, and components.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Coordinating Agency for Supplier Evaluation (C.A.S.E.) program (D090 Ops Spec).
- Experience working under 14 CFR 5 SMS (Safety Management System) compliant systems and processes (or FAA SMS Training).
- An understanding of aircraft part purchasing, warranty and repair processes, and awareness of the advantages and challenges of parts / repair pooling programs.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certifications (CQM/OE, CQA, CQE, CQPA, etc.)
The QA Technical Auditor will, as part of their main duties:
- Conduct on-site audits (technical evaluations by checklist to specific standards) of internal and external maintenance, inspection, parts, operations, ground and ramp service organizations / vendors (including fuel and de-ice vendors) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Compass Airlines’ internal processes and procedures.
- Generate detailed Audit Reports (Corrective Action / Preventive Action requests – CAPA’s) identifying deficient areas and documenting objective evidence of the discrepancy.
- Ensure audit responses are timely, address the deficiency, identify the root cause, and provide a corrective action plan that will prevent the finding from re-occurring.
- Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective action / preventive action implementation and effectiveness.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Compass Approved Vendor List.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company processes and procedures from General Maintenance Manual, Time Limit Manual, CASS Manual, and other company manuals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current regulatory and industry topics as well as standard practice trends used in Aircraft Maintenance, Ramp Operations, Aircraft Servicing and Safety.
- Maintain a working knowledge on required traceability documentation for parts (and tooling) used in the maintenance of Compass Airlines aircraft.
- Perform assignments and projects required of the Compass Airlines CASS. Document and perform to completion projects and activities of the Quality Assurance Tech Audit Group, as detailed in the CASS manual and the Quality Assurance Project Listing.
- Assist the department in the achievement of corporate and departmental goals and improve the Compass Airlines overall maintenance product.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires being on your feet for long periods.
- Exposure to outdoor environment, high noise levels – line / ramp operations (hearing protection provided), dirt and dust (eye protection provided – respirator use not required in normal duties), cold and wet environment – observing winter operations / ground de-icing (safety / visibility personal protective equipment provided).
- Position is office based but requires frequent visits to conduct audits and observe vendors, parts warehouses, line maintenance, and aircraft in a flight line environment or in a heavy maintenance / repair environment.
- The ability to travel domestically (up to approximately 60% of the work month) and occasionally internationally – usually).
- Travel requirements include Audits, Meetings, Conferences and Training. (35 – 60%). Travel consists of day, overnight and multi-day trips, and is not usually planned over weekends (Infrequently Sunday night pre-positioning and Saturday morning returns may be needed for operational requirements).
- Applicants must have a current valid Passport with no travel restrictions (including international travel and travel on short notice).
- Applicants must have proper documentation to legally work in the US.
Job Description Disclaimer
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.