Compass Airlines is seeking a Maintenance Programs Specialist to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Maintain the Maintenance Program with associated Manuals and Task Cards.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent communication skills are required in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Background in Line/Hangar aircraft maintenance.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant License.
- Experience in Maintenance Programs.
- Experience in developing task cards and technical documents.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional and Adobe Framemaker.
- Experience in using computer based tracking system.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs in order to access aircraft when in the hangar.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of MRB and MPD reports.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations.
- Familiarity with aircraft manuals, IPC, AMM, SRM etc.
- Technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of computer based tracking systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and levels of personnel within and outside the company.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Must be flexible with regards to work schedule.
- Maintain the maintenance program and task card data bases.
- Measure and evaluate proposals and changes to the maintenance program.
- Revise, add or delete maintenance tasks per MRB revisions, Regulatory and Company requirements.
- Author, edit and format task cards as necessary.
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Control and outside vendors in developing task cards.
- Prepare and coordinate revisions to the company Time Limits Manual and Task Card Manuals and relevant General Maintenance Manual chapters.
- Maintain the maintenance program in the computer based tracking system.
- Produce various reports as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in an enclosed work station and periodically in an open work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please select the “Apply for this position” button below. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.