|Position: Crew Scheduling Supervisor|
|Job Id: 203|
|# of Openings: 1|
CREW SCHEDULING SUPERVISOR
With over 30 years of experience and profitability in the regional airline industry, Trans States Airlines is the smart choice for your next career move. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make Trans States a place where our people want to build long-term careers. Plus, we promote from within whenever possible, which means that our employees have significant opportunities to earn more and move up throughout the course of their careers. We're more than an airline. We're a family. And we'd like you to be a part of it.
The Crew Scheduling Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the daily Crew Scheduling operation including the supervision of crew schedulers. Responsible for the safety and legality of the Trans States Airlines flight crew members in accordance with 14 CFR Part 117 (Federal Aviation Regulations) and the Company Operations Specifications. This position is responsible for maintaining current records of crew duty and rest activity. In conjunction with each crew member, the Crew Scheduling Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that schedules are in compliance with applicable CFRs and labor agreements. The Crew Scheduling Supervisor will work with other operational personnel to keep all parties informed of crew rest issues, scheduling conflicts and legality concerns.
1. Ensure all scheduling personnel are performing respective duties while on duty.
2. Assist the Manager Crew Scheduling in evaluating scheduling personnel performance.
3. Review open time and segment reports as well as legality reports. Work with the Schedulers to formulate plans in the event flight operations are affected.
4. Orchestrate adjustments to crew activity with Dispatch and Maintenance Control. Make necessary changes in accordance with applicable CFRs, and company policies and procedures.
5. Brief the Duty Manager and Dispatch Supervisor on the current reserve status with regards to reserves available and any open flights or trips.
6. Coordinate with the Duty Manager and Dispatch Supervisor any day-to-day changes in the crew schedule required to be made due to crew illness, mechanical irregularities in equipment, or weather related delays.
7. Answer and handle calls from crewmembers through the main phone line.
8. Provide crew scheduling information to crewmembers on a daily basis.
9. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
10. Hours and shifts vary to meet departmental requirements other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent Associates Degree or higher preferred
2. Previous Crew Scheduling experience
3. Must have experience with the Crew Scheduling system
4. Must have experience with Flightline applications
5. Working knowledge of crew scheduling policies and procedures
6. Knowledge of crew member collective bargaining agreements and work rules Knowledge of FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations)
7. Ability to identify and resolve crew legality/scheduling conflicts
8. Ability to multi-task and perform under irregular operating conditions
1. Trans States Crew Scheduling experience
2. Previous supervisory experience
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to mentor and train crew schedulers
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Fundamental understanding and use of MS Office suite
3. Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
4. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective
5. Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis
6. Must be a self-starter and be able to show demonstrated ability to be discreet in matters of confidential information.
7. Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
8. Must have a strong customer service orientation.
9. An enthusiastic, out-going personality is a key attribute for success.
10. Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments.
11. Must reside in the St. Louis, Missouri area.
Work is performed in an open office environment, enclosed workstation environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|