|Position: Maintenance Controller|
|Job Id: 108|
|# of Openings: 1|
With over 30 years of experience and profitability in the regional airline industry, Trans States Airlines is the smart choice for your next career move. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make Trans States a place where our people want to build long-term careers. Plus, we promote from within whenever possible, which means that our employees have significant opportunities to earn more and move up throughout the course of their careers. We're more than an airline. We're a family. And we'd like you to be a part of it.
1. Required to relocate to the St. Louis area.
2. This position is full time and will work a standard 40-60 hour week; however, longer hours on occasion may be necessary.
3. Reports directly to the Maintenance Control Manager, Director of Maintenance, Trans States Airlines.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR A MAINTENANCE CONTROLLER:
The Maintenance Controller must be a self-motivated person dedicated to serving others. The successful candidate will be an individual who has a proven track record as an employee willing to go above and beyond on behalf of the company and co-workers. A professional appearance and demeanor is a must at all times. This individual must be a self-starter, who can juggle the many demands and keep maintenance operations running in an efficient manner. A working knowledge of Trans States maintenance procedures and ability to navigate the Microsoft Office Suite, is required along with good written and verbal communication skills. The Maintenance Controller must be able to cope with conflicting points of view, function under pressure, and demonstrate discretion, integrity, helpfulness, while maintaining a friendly personality.
1. Hold a mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings;
2. One (1) year experience in a supervisory position;
3. Two (2) years of aircraft maintenance experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Included in position but not limited to:
1. Coordinate with Flight Control, Dispatch, Flight Line Maintenance, Base Managers and other technical services required to support maintenance operations.
2. Remain current of the operational status of all aircraft and monitor the status of aircraft undergoing maintenance or repair and advise Flight Operations of aircraft status.
3. Monitor, review and update the Status Board each day for compliance issues and ensure any discrepancies are resolved immediately. Any issues that can not be resolved must be communicated to the Maintenance Control Manager.
4. Coordinate with stores to ensure expeditious movement of parts to support Flight Line and Hangar Maintenance, Sub-bases and ODM Maintenance Providers.
5. Coordinate with Flight Control/Dispatch on all aircraft routing and any changes required to scheduled flights.
6. Notify the Director of Quality Assurance of any aircraft that returns to the field, aborts a takeoff, has an unscheduled landing, or declares an emergency.
7. Record all in-flight irregularities and occurrences reportable under 14CFR 121.703 for notification of the Quality Assurance Department.
8. Authorize MEL, CDL, and NEF deferrals. Maintain the aircraft DMI, CDL, and NEF Listings/reports ensuring information regarding parts, troubleshooting and equipment is provided to necessary departments for quick correction.
9. Monitor and record all aircraft mechanical interruptions to the flight schedule in MX Control Journal.
10. Completion of necessary forms to obtain approval for MEL extensions and short-term escalations and obtains appropriate approvals.
11. Obtain required approvals and completion of Special Ferry Flight Authorization Forms.
12. Ensure aircraft, which are being repaired at outstations, have appropriate rated inspectors available for RII items.
13. Monitor LC-1 and LC-2 inspection compliance schedule.
14. Ensure ODM agencies utilized are on the ODM list and that the individual on-demand mechanic is certified.
15. Complete ODM usage information in the MX Control Journal software, to include generating an On-Demand Maintenance Log.
16. Review daily the DMI/CDL/NEF listings to ensure compliance of time requirements for parts request and purchasing information, in accordance with the GMM procedures, from both Maintenance and the Asset Management areas.
17. Complete necessary fields in the MX Control Journal software upon acquiring PIREP (Pilot Reported Discrepancy) information.
18. Complete Shift Checklist prior to end of shift or as required by the checklist.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Included in position but not limited to:
1. General administrative duties are also part of the role and prioritized time management will be crucial.
2. Must possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook.
3. Must have an outstanding attendance record in present position.
4. Must have an above average performance in present position.
5. Must be someone with dedication and a high level of motivation. Must be able to function independently and think outside the box.
6. Must be able to work efficiently in stressful situations meeting deadlines.
7. Must possess excellent communication skills.
8. Must be able to read and comprehend moderately complex technical material well enough to recognize and correct errors.
9. Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
10. Must be able to multi-task; be flexible and adaptable as deadlines shift and work from many work areas.
11. Must be able to interact with management and customers in a professional manner.
12. Must be able to anticipate upcoming needs on recurrent tasks.
13. Must be able to manage time and priorities effectively.
14. Must be able to generate and maintain accurate records and action summaries.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|