|Position: EXPEDITER / AOG (AIRCRAFT ON GROUND) PARTS COORDINATOR|
|Job Id: 111-002|
|# of Openings: 1|
EXPEDITER / AOG (AIRCRAFT ON GROUND) PARTS COORDINATOR
With over 30 years of experience and profitability in the regional airline industry, Trans States Airlines is the smart choice for your next career move. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make Trans States a place where our people want to build long-term careers. Plus, we promote from within whenever possible, which means that our employees have significant opportunities to earn more and move up throughout the course of their careers. We're more than an airline. We're a family. And we'd like you to be a part of it.
The Expediter / AOG Aircraft Parts Coordinator reports to the Managing Director, Strategic Sourcing and Materials; Indirect report to SOC Manager.
Expediter / Aircraft On Ground (AOG) Coordinators are responsible for coordinating the movement of materials and utilization of resources based upon operational requirements. The highest priority will be placed on out of service aircraft to obtain all required components and resources necessary to return the aircraft to revenue service in the shortest amount of time possible. Coordination with both Maintenance Control and System Operations Control will be critical in the communication required to minimize the impact on the overall operation. The AOG Coordinator has an indirect report to the SOC Manager and direct report to the Managing Director, Strategic Sourcing and Materials.
• Legal right to work in, and travel freely in and out of, the United States
• Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in Aircraft Materials and Logistics or a related field in the industry.
• Working knowledge of all applicable Federal Regulations.
• Customs broker experience and knowledge of international shipping requirements.
• Knowledge of Hazardous Material shipping requirements.
• C.P.M., A.P.P., C.I.P.M. or other supply chain accreditations.
• Project Management experience.
• Experience in A/P and A/R functions.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess familiarity with industry standards, General Maintenance Manuals, applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), and Air Transport Association (ATA) coding.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments and various levels of the organization.
• Individual must be capable of coordinating multiple high priority requests in an organized, urgent manner.
• Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must relocate to the St. Louis area.
Job Specific Duties:
• Perform all functions related to buying and repair of materials on a daily basis including sourcing, purchase orders, and generating repair orders.
• Determining most appropriate logistical need to transport parts to grounded aircraft including courier, charter, or standard shipping methods.
• Expediting parts to clear departure delays due to maintenance.
• Coordinate with maintenance control and Systems Operation Control to make certain that all materials arrive in anticipation of changes in planned maintenance.
• Tracking shipment orders to delivery.
• Coordinating shipment type of materials (e.g. counter to counter, FedEx, Courier, and Charter).
• Some on call duties as required.
• Coordination of materials for heavy checks.
• Coordination of material needs for fleet campaigns, service bulletins.
• Sourcing of materials to secure the best value for the company.
• Post and update the Maintenance Journal daily to assure a smooth transition between shifts.
• Perform clerical duties as assigned.
• Hours: varying shifts and weekends as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The work environment is primarily an office setting but some off-site work may be required. AOG Coordinators are in a highly fluid environment with key responsibility to provide repair and maintenance materials in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Assurance of minimal delays or cancellations due to lack of parts availability is their primary objective. The AOG Coordinator must be able to multitask and follow materials through the entire logistics process from initial requisition to return of core units to the stores facility.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|