|Position: Manager of Safety|
|Job Id: 207|
|# of Openings: 1|
GoJet Airlines is a premier regional airline operating on behalf of United Airlines and Delta Airlines. GoJet has a reputation for excellence in the regional airline industry, thanks to the outstanding efforts put forth each day by our exceptional team. Each day, our people demonstrate our unwavering commitment to providing safe, reliable and on-time air transportation, and to delivering the highest standards in professionalism and customer service. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make GoJet a place where people want to build long-term careers. We believe that talented employees should be rewarded, and we promote from within whenever possible. GoJet offers an outstanding benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan, and airline travel benefits.
The Manager of Safety is the second in command of the Safety Department and as such will accomplish the duties of the Director of Safety in his absence. The Manager of Safety is responsible for the management of the voluntary programs as well as maintaining a close liaison with the Flight and Maintenance Departments.
The Manager of Safety should have established professional qualifications. These qualifications may be any of the following:
a. An FAA airline transport pilot certificate; or
b. One year’s experience in a supervisory position with a part 121, or a scheduled part 135 air carrier. Experience in the same capacity in a part 91K or part 125 operations can also fill this requirement, or
c. One year’s experience in a position comparable to paragraph b above in U.S. military aviation operations, or
d. One year’s experience in a supervisory position with a U.S. Government department, board, or agency that deals directly with aviation matters, or
e. Formal training or instructing experience which can be substituted at the discretion of the DOS.
The Manager of Safety shall possess formal training in air safety management. If the applicant does not possess such training, he or she must obtain it within two years of appointment as the Manager of Safety.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fundamental understanding and use of MS Office Suite.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
• Can work independently while keeping a team perspective.
• Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to show demonstrated ability to be discreet in matters of confidential information.
• Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation.
• An enthusiastic, out-going personality is a key attribute for success.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments.
Duties, Responsibilities and Authorities
The Manager of Safety’s primary duties, responsibilities and authorities will include the following:
• Manage Voluntary Programs to include:
ASAP (ASAP Company ERC Representative)
LOSA (act as additional LOSA auditor as needed)
• Conduct investigations as assigned by the Director of Safety.
• Manage Data Programs.
• Conducts industry presentations on voluntary programs.
• Manage the Fatigue Risk Management Program.
• Conduct Internal Evaluation Program checklists as assigned by the Director of Safety.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|