|Position: Family Nurse Practitioner|
|Job Id: 218|
|# of Openings: 1|
Family Nurse Practitioner
The Family Nurse Practitioner position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position can be Full-Time or Part-Time.
Provide primary medical care and treatment to the clinic's patients under the direct supervision of a licensed physician. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis independently and in consultation with the Family Practice Physician, as well as other staff providers, when appropriate.
1. Obtain appropriate medical history and pertinent information for patient's health problem(s).
2. Conduct complete physical exam.
3. Perform appropriate diagnostic procedures, including but not limited to audiometry, fungal skin scrapings, EKG's with interpretation, PAP smears, cultures (eye, skin, wound, urethral and cervical), anal scope.
4. Order appropriate laboratory work, x-rays, referrals and diagnostic studies.
5. Consult with and/or refer to appropriate physician for follow-up or further evaluation.
6. Conduct appropriate treatment plan, including prescribing medication and therapeutics, according to clinic's formulary and/or physician's orders.
7. Provide patients with information relating to health and educate the patient in the use of therapeutics and treatment regimes.
8. Contributes to clinic’s health care plan and provider staff meetings.
9. Coordinates and contributes to community educational workshops or programs.
10. Assists/backs up Physicians with walk-in patients and acute care problems.
11. Triages patient inquiries and telephone calls appropriately.
12. Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|