The Registered Nurse position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position is Full-Time and consists of 40 hours per week.
Performs telephone triage and addresses urgent walk-in triage of the clinic’s patients. Provide advice to patients of all ages and diagnoses by using algorithms/protocols and independent judgment. Rank patients according to urgency of need, directing them to further care, as well as directing the patient to the appropriate emergency services, when necessary. Recommends the suggested medical follow-up based on their assessments and established triage protocols/algorithms, and provide health care information, as necessary.
- According to the chief complaint, assess the severity of the patient’s symptoms by evaluation of symptoms utilizing established triage protocols / algorithms and then guide the patient to the appropriate level of care.
- Direct the caller the appropriate emergency services, when necessary, recommend the suggested medical follow-up based on their assessment and established triage / algorithms protocols, and provide health care information, as necessary.
- Review and triage the lab/x-ray results received in the office and notify the physician or other healthcare provider of critical values.
- Make follow-up calls to high-risk patients to assess changes of status or to ensure that the patient sought the appropriate treatment.
- Process medication refills, medication changes, and prepares samples accordingly to physician order, and notifies local pharmacies of order(s).
- Perform patient education and instruction regarding medication regime and documents such as medical records.
- Based on established protocols, administers oral, subcutaneous, intra-dermal, intramuscular, and all intravenous medications.
- Thoroughly documents all call encounters utilizing clinic forms and/or on-line information systems at the time of the call.
- Based on established protocols, administers oral, subcutaneous, intra-dermal, intramuscular medications.
- Perform nurse visits (administration of TB, Depo, follow up to treatment plan including education, BP re-check) and documents encounters.
- Provides complete, accurate documentation of nursing assessment, nursing advice, and medication administration.
- Accessible to immediate clinic area for administration of medications and during emergency situations.
- Acts as resource to medical support staff. Collaborates with medical staff in carrying out delegated patient care activities.
- Seeks educational opportunities to increase clinical competence, personal and professional growth through in-house education material, conferences, and community resources.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment according to OSHA standards.
- Participate in quality efforts to promote appropriate care and services.
- Supports facility policies, programs and activities.
- Maintain strict confidentiality accordingly to HIPPA regulations.
- Demonstrate tact, courtesy and respect in all interactions with patients, visitors, and staff as well as outside agencies.
- Promote a positive working environment that represents cooperation and collaboration between programs services and co-workers.
- Must be willing to use technology to meet competency and performance measurements and evaluations.
- Actively participate in team and company meetings, in-services, and other events.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Currently licensed in the State of Wisconsin. Two years of general nursing in a clinic or hospital setting, and previous experience with patients of all age groups preferred. Experience within a community health center and experience with EPIC is preferred.