Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
The Women's Health Nurse Practitioner position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position can be Full-Time or Part-Time.
Provide patient services in collaboration with an OB/GYN physician. Provides OB/GYN medical care and treatment to the clinic's patients. Responsible for the coordination and activities associated with the patients care. Makes decisions independently and in consultation with the OB/GYN Physician and other staff providers, when appropriate. He/she will elicit detailed medical history and perform a physical exam. Counsels patients and family on health and disease.
- Provide comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care to women, starting at age 14, through the childbearing years. Such care includes education and emotional support, as well as management of physical care on an outpatient basis.
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals. Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided by the organization for patients of the clinic.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and approved policies and procedures, to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the performance of physical examinations, routine GYN exams including pap smears, pelvic and breast exams, as well as routine prenatal exams, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Perform such clinical procedures and deliveries for patient's benefit, which are within scope and skill of practitioner and are economically feasible.
- Counsel patients on family planning and contraception.
- Conduct post-partum exams on patients who have had a normal vaginal delivery.
- Obtain, record, and evaluate an OB/GYN history.
- Prescribe appropriate medications and treatments, based upon clinic protocols.
- Provide patients with the appropriate education to promote good prenatal care and health care in general.
- Assist with presentation of educational programs to patients, community groups, clinic staff and other groups as requested.
- Contributes to clinic planning and evaluation relative to OB/GYN care and treatment.
- Promotes optimum prenatal care through counseling and teaching.
- Consults with the obstetrician and other members of the health care team, when necessary.
- Conducts telephone consultation, when necessary.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and radiological tests and refers or performs appropriate diagnostic and screening test based upon patient's needs.
- Assists/backs up OB/GYN Physician if necessary.
- Triages patient inquiries and telephone calls appropriately.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary. Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information forms.
- Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program, as well as additional certification in women’s health/OB/GYN. Currently licensed in the State of Wisconsin. Five years of general nursing in a clinic or hospital setting, and previous experience with patients from adolescence to geriatric.