The General Dentist position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position can be Full-Time or Part-Time.
The dentist is responsible for providing and ensuring the provision of preventative and restorative dental care that is consistent with accepted professional standards.
- Provide preventive, general and comprehensive dentistry services including evaluation, treatment and referral as set by Progressive Community Health Center and Wisconsin State Dental Practice Act.
- Makes radiographs and processes, as well as evaluates developed radiographs.
- Performs charting of patient’s needs, presenting problem(s), medical and dental health history, tooth charting, and review social history.
- Takes and records vital signs, prior to rendering dental care as needed.
- In collaboration with management, train, evaluate and supervise dental clinical staff, including hygienist(s) and assistants.
- Provide oral health education to patients, guardians and community as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and complete patient dental records as stated by the Wisconsin State Dental Practice Act.
- Shares with maintenance and sterilization duties.
- Actively participate in provider and staff meetings.
- Provide quality services to patients as promptly as possible in a courteous and professional manner by treating patients, families, and co-workers with respect, dignity, and compassion while using resources in the most cost efficient manner consistent with that goal.
- Actively participates in internal and external committees as appropriate.
- Supports, communicates, and works within the scope of PCHC’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Helps others and personally responds well to change.
- Sets and meets well-articulated individual and team expectations of high performance.
- Participates in huddles.
- Assists in the development of and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Positively represents PCHC in community.
- Provides excellent customer service in accordance with PCHC’s customer service standards.
- Meets nationally recognized dental productivity standards set by Progressive Community Health Center.
- Collaborates with medical regarding patient health concerns.
- Accepts other assignments from the Dental Director, Chief Medical Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer that are appropriate to his/her professional skills and position when required for the good of PCHC.
- Follow guidelines set by OSHA, CDC, HRSA, Joint Commission and all other governing agencies.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Dentistry. Currently licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Wisconsin. Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of dentistry commensurate with his/her training. Board certification, required. Previous dental experience preferred, with experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center a plus.