The General Dentist position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This is a Part-Time position that would consist of 20 total hours.
The dentist is responsible for providing and ensuring the provision of preventative and restorative dental care that is consistent with accepted professional standards.
- Provide preventive, general and comprehensive dentistry services including evaluation, treatment and referral as set by Progressive Community Health Center and Wisconsin State Dental Practice Act.
- Makes radiographs and processes, as well as evaluates developed radiographs.
- Performs charting of patient’s needs, presenting problem(s), medical and dental health history, tooth charting, and review social history.
- Takes and records vital signs, prior to rendering dental care as needed.
- In collaboration with management, train, evaluate and supervise dental clinical staff, including hygienist(s) and assistants.
- Provide oral health education to patients, guardians and community as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and complete patient dental records as stated by the Wisconsin State Dental Practice Act.
- Shares with maintenance and sterilization duties.
- Actively participate in provider and staff meetings.
- Provide quality services to patients as promptly as possible in a courteous and professional manner by treating patients, families, and co-workers with respect, dignity, and compassion while using resources in the most cost efficient manner consistent with that goal.
- Actively participates in internal and external committees as appropriate.
- Supports, communicates, and works within the scope of PCHC’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Helps others and personally responds well to change.
- Sets and meets well-articulated individual and team expectations of high performance.
- Participates in huddles.
- Assists in the development of and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Positively represents PCHC in community.
- Provides excellent customer service in accordance with PCHC’s customer service standards.
- Meets nationally recognized dental productivity standards set by Progressive Community Health Center.
- Collaborates with medical regarding patient health concerns.
- Accepts other assignments from the Dental Director, Chief Medical Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer that are appropriate to his/her professional skills and position when required for the good of PCHC.
- Follow guidelines set by OSHA, CDC, HRSA, Joint Commission and all other governing agencies.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Dentistry. Currently licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Wisconsin. Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of dentistry commensurate with his/her training. Board certification, required. Previous dental experience preferred, with experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center a plus.