Front Desk Specialist - Part Time (3-6pm)
The Front Desk Specialist position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position is Part-Time and consists of 15 hours per week.
The Front Desk Specialist performs those tasks that occur early in the revenue cycle process. It is these functions that have an early impact on patient experience and revenue outcomes. Front Desk Specialist are responsible for greeting and assessing patients in need of services, performs data collection, provides patient education and collection efforts. Also, directs patients and visitors to appropriate areas, schedules appointments and assist with patient flow.
- Provides patient with excellent customer service in accordance with AIDET philosophy to achieve improved customer satisfaction.
- Greets and assesses patient service needs to ensure smooth department flow.
- Perform pre-registration of patient demographics, third party insurance precertification or preauthorization requirements in advance of patient appointment to improve accuracy of billing claims submission and reduction of accounts receivable days outstanding.
- Perform patient registration to include capture of patient demographics, collection of guarantor financial obligations, third party insurance verification and completion of required documents, such as internal registration documents and Medicare Advanced Beneficiary Notices in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Perform patient education about importance of providing insurance cards and required payments and time of service which improves accuracy of claims submission and increases up-front cash collections.
- Articulate to patients any outstanding balances and payment obligations at time of service which improves up front collection opportunities.
- Post payments collected into practice management system and perform batch reconciliation daily.
- Monitor appointment schedules to identify opportunities to transition accounts from self-pay utilization to third party coverage thereby reducing bad debt.
- Utilize payer eligibility websites to verify patient insurance coverage and input changes and eligibility updates into practice management system.
- Monitor patient utilization of approved prior authorizations in accordance with third party insurance requirements.
- Works closely with financial counselors to assess and refer uninsured and underinsured patients for sliding fee assessment in accordance with Federal Ch. 330 requirements.
- Answers questions and provides information in compliance with HIPPA laws and other organizational policies.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings, online webinars, trainings, safety education/OSHA requirements.
- Works as member of Revenue Cycle Team to improve patient revenues.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent education with 5 years of healthcare experience. Working knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial health plans required. Experience with Epic practice management system preferred but not required. The ability to work with various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic populations. Able to work in a fast pace, team environment that requires accuracy and attention to details. Bilingual in English and Karen preferred but not required.