|Position: Advanced Practice Provider - Family Medicine Walk-In Care (Loan Forgiveness Available)|
|Job Id: 192|
|# of Openings: 1|
Advanced Practice Provider - Family Medicine Walk-In Care
The Advanced Practice Provider - Family Medicine Walk-In Care position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position is can be Full-Time or Part-Time.
Provide urgent and non-urgent health care for individuals in the Walk-In and Primary Care Practice commensurate with training under the direct supervision of a licensed physician. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis independently and in consultation with the Family Practice Physician, as well as other staff physicians, when appropriate.
1. Obtain appropriate medical history and pertinent information for patient's health problem(s).
2. Conduct complete physical exam.
3. Perform appropriate diagnostic procedures, including but not limited to audiometry, fungal skin scrapings, EKG's with interpretation, PAP smears, cultures (eye, skin, wound, urethral and cervical), anal scope.
4. Order appropriate laboratory work, x-rays, referrals and diagnostic studies.
5. Consult with and/or refer to appropriate physician for follow-up or further evaluation.
6. Conduct appropriate treatment plan, including prescribing medication and therapeutics, according to clinic's formulary and/or physician's orders.
7. Provide patients with information relating to health and educate the patient in the use of therapeutics and treatment regimes.
8. Contributes to clinic’s health care plan and provider staff meetings.
9. Coordinates and contributes to community educational workshops or programs.
10. Assists/backs up Physicians with walk-in patients and acute care problems.
11. Triages patient inquiries and telephone calls appropriately.
12. Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and empathy towards patients, as well as have excellent communication skills, critical thinking skills, the ability to handle stressful situations, the capacity to function independently, have varied clinical experience, and the ability to document meticulously.
2. Knowledge of injection levels and procedures, for both children and adults.
3. Knowledge of universal precautions and blood bourne pathogens.
4. Ability to relate well to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
5. Ability to manage patient flow both via telephone and per walk-in patients, in a fast paced clinic environment.
6. Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet patient care needs/demands.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program. Currently licensed in the State of Wisconsin with at least one year of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience in an urgent care or quick clinic department is preferred. . Three to five years of general experience in a clinic or hospital setting required, with previous experience in an urgent care or emergency department is preferred.
The Advanced Practice Provider must have the patience and tact to deal with the patient population and ability to work effectively in the primary care / urgent care environment. Scheduling flexibility is also required to be able to rotate hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations to provide coverage.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|