Under the general direction of the Information Technology Manager the Business Analyst is a customer-facing role which supports PCHC’s Collaboration Initiative as well as its Revenue Cycle Management operation through data analysis and reporting. The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting standard and custom client data and reporting needs, internal reporting projects and requests, providing training and support for the client reporting application, and engaging with clients and internal users to correctly assess and fully support their current and future Analytics needs. Additionally, the Business Analyst will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the revenue cycle and clinical quality management.
- Develops operational, quality, and financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
- Using Crystal Reports and SQL Queries, develop accurate and timely reports to monitor quality and operational performance. Utilize management accepted presentation formats, (inclusive of trending data over time, sound statistical principles, charts, graphs and dashboards with comprehensive analysis) and provides education on report use and activities to address areas warranting improvement.
- Reviews and provide trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Presents operational/financial/quality data to PCHC’s Executive Board Members and other groups or individuals that need to know that information.
- Study trends and seek revenue generating activities to suggest to Executive team.
- Uphold PCHC data management policies and recommends improvements. Regularly assess accuracy and quality of data collected in the PCHC Practice Management System and implement initiatives to improve the quality of data as necessary.
- Evaluates reporting requests to determine if issues are related to report logic and/or data entry - provides prompt answers and resolution.
- Assists with the development of data reports as needed for presentation to PCHC leadership, staff, potential donors, funders and other stakeholders.
- Provide support for both internal and external clients through data analysis and report development/creation.
- Assist CMO with meaningful use and other payor programs that requires data report outs.
- Assist the Finance Department with month end reporting and the annual A133 audit.
- Support leadership with development and execution of internal Analytic projects.
- Engage in interactive conversation with staff to ensure data/report requests are met in a timely manner.
- Act proactively to promote additional reporting/data solutions for staff to drive workflow efficiencies.
- Demonstrate understanding of PCHC’s revenue cycle and provide monthly reports and analytics for Quality/Financial/Operational key performance indicators.
- Create and maintain strong process documentation around reporting solutions.
- Help internal clients understand how to use analytics and reporting to drive efficiency and satisfaction.
- Handle ad hoc reporting requests while meeting deadlines of outlined tasks.
- Support business initiatives through data under project plan management.
- Actively participate in team meetings providing updates and feedback which contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Document processes & procedures as needed.
- Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
- All duties are in aiding in achieving PCHC goals and objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience including 2 years in non-profit healthcare, or a combination of education and work experience providing equivalent knowledge
- 1-2 years’ experience in Decision Support/Business Analytics/Financial/Quality Reporting
- Experience working with data reporting and analytical support