Provide exceptional patient care and direction to those that are seeking medical information and or medical attention. This position will also be able to schedule appointments as the patient’s condition requires, answer questions, and provide limited health education. This position will provide support to the medical staff and triage as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and direct telephone operators as needed with assistance to medical questions and provide clinical direction in the best interest of the patient.
- Triage patient’s medical symptoms and route the patient accordingly.
- Schedule appointments as needed
- Check e-mails regularly throughout the day to keep up to date as to any organizational changes or directives.
- Assist with prescription refill request and enter requests for provider action, thereafter provide timely follow up with the patient.
- Assist with quality control measures to ensure protocols are clear and up to date.
- Use electronic medical record (EMR) in daily work.
- Follows written clinical protocol and procedures.
- Participate in population management activities including disease registries.
- Keep work areas neat, orderly and safe.
- Attends staff meetings, training and safety education.
- Assist the clinic as needed.
- Assists in the training of new medical support staff.
- Treats all people with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Recognize the good work and accomplishments of others.
- Identify and resolve difficult issues.
- Work with others in the spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to make accurate and sound decisions.
- Maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Thorough knowledge of practical nursing theory
- Knowledge of standard practices, rules and regulations within the scope of their license.
- Some pharmacotherapy knowledge
- Minimum of five years LPN experience
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, patients, and community representatives.