The OB/GYN position can be full-time or part-time and is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Lead and provide patient services for the Women’s Health Department. Provides OB/GYN medical care and treatment to the clinic's patients. Responsible for the coordination and activities associated with the patients care. Make decisions independently and in consultation with other healthcare team members, when appropriate. Supervises Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Provide comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care to women through the childbearing years. Such care includes education and emotional support, as well as management of physical care on an outpatient basis.
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals. Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided by the organization for patients of the clinic.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and approved policies and procedures, to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the performance of physical examinations, routine GYN exams including pap smears, pelvic and breast exams, as well as routine prenatal exams, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Perform such clinical procedures and deliveries for patient's benefit, which are within scope and skill of provider and are economically feasible.
- Counsel patients on family planning and contraception.
- Conduct six week post-partum exams on patients who have had a normal vaginal delivery.
- Obtain, record, and evaluate an OB/GYN history.
- Prescribe appropriate medications and treatments, based upon clinic protocols.
- Provide patients with the appropriate education to promote good prenatal care and health care in general.
- Assist with presentation of educational programs to patients, community groups, clinic staff and other groups as requested.
- Leads and contributes to Women’s Health Department planning and evaluation relative to OB/GYN care and treatment.
- Promotes optimum prenatal care through counseling and teaching.
- Consults with other members of the health care team, when necessary.
- Conducts telephone consultation, when necessary.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and radiological tests and refers or performs appropriate diagnostic and screening test based upon patient's needs.
- Assists/backs up Certified Nurse Midwife with walk-in patients and acute care problems.
- Triages patient inquiries and telephone calls appropriately.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary. Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information forms.
- Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Medicine and Residency Program. Currently licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin. Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine commensurate with his/her training. Board eligibility OB/GYN is required, Board certification, a plus. Previous experience should be from a hospital or ambulatory clinic setting.