|Position: Internal Medicine Physician (Loan Forgiveness Available)|
|Job Id: 207|
|# of Openings: 1|
Internal Medicine Physician
The Internal Medicine Physician position is located in Milwaukee, WI. This position can be Full-Time or Part-Time.
Provide and administer primary care physician services commensurate with training and in accordance with the general policies and standards of practice, as established by the clinic. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis and orders appropriate laboratory tests and referrals, etc., as well as counsels patient and family on health and disease.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide all physician care generally provided at an ambulatory care facility, on an outpatient basis and such pre-operative care in minor surgery normally performed on an outpatient basis.
2. Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals. Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided by the Corporation for patients of the clinic.
3. Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty, to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
4. Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in the training development of the medical team. Assist in medical education of both the patients and clinic staff.
5. Provide the necessary back-up to the on-call physician, resident, emergency room personnel, etc. with regard to giving directions on an appropriate treatment plan. Additionally, perform physician rounds and other inpatient care for clinic patients hospitalized at institutions with which the clinic has an agreement for hospitalization of its patients.
6. As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
7. Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary. Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information forms.
8. Fulfill 40 hours of Continuing Education Credits within each twelve (12) month period. Attend professional conventions and seminars, participate in professional societies, and do all things reasonable, necessary and desirable to maintain and improve his/her professional skills
9. Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription, consultation and patient contact in patient's chart and on the clinic's encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
10. Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which might affect patient's health and well-being.
11. Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are economically feasible.
12. Prepare forms, letters, and examinations on behalf of patients for claims of disability, workmen's compensation, injuries and illnesses, etc.
13. Participate and cooperate in all reasonable efforts with the clinic to apply for and secure public or private grants, contracts, and donations, and all customary and desirable accreditations, licensing and permits.
14. Provide direction and leadership to the clinic's medical support staff, with regard to the administering of a patient's care.
15. Provide supervision in case assignment to physician assistant, including sign off on charts.
16. Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned, by the Medical Director.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Medicine and Residency Program. Currently licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin. Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine commensurate with his/her training. Board eligibility in Internal Medicine is required, Board certification, a plus. Previous experience should be from a hospital or ambulatory clinic setting.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|