Under the direction of a Program Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the SACC Coordinator oversees and directs the overall planning and operations of YMCA camp activities including program development and delivery, staffing, volunteer and community relationships, budgeting and financial management, facilities planning and operation, and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs program development and delivery to support YMCA objectives, including, for example, SACC programs weekend programs, and SACC education programs.
- Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates and supervises staff and volunteers.
- Maintain effective working relationships with various groups and committees, including parents of participants.
- Oversees support services for camp, such as registration, administration, food service, and transportation.
- Leads assigned programs for Association and follows and adheres to child care standards.
- Prepare applicable paperwork.
- Oversees promotion and marketing of child care activities to increase usage of the program and recruit staff members.
- Maintain annual department budget and financial operations.
- Makes decisions related to the welfare, health and safety of all participants and staff. Maintains and enforces all policies and procedures, including those related to child care standards.
- Develops effective working relationships with community leaders and groups, including schools, service groups, government officials, etc.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Post secondary training in education, social services, recreation or equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) or more years experience in youth programs, building positive relationships with youth and volunteers, service learning and youth leadership development.
- Current First Aid certification and state approved CPR-Child must be maintained throughout employment.
- YMCA Child Abuse Prevention training certification must be completed prior to the beginning of the program.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $9.00 - $10.13/hour