Under the direction of the Program Director and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Water Fitness Instructor is responsible for the instruction of physical fitness programs and activities related to the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and know instructional materials.
- Clean up area and return materials after class.
- Keep accurate attendance records and totals.
- Administer program evaluations.
- Monitor the class for signs of stress.
- Understand the needs and goals of participants and provide them with a positive, enjoyable environment in which to achieve their fitness goals.
- Provide quality group exercise class that begins and ends on time, follows the scheduled class format, and is at the proper intensity level.
- Arrive early and stay after class to answer questions and set-up, if necessary.
- Be courteous, friendly and greet members by name whenever possible.
- Respect the individual goals, needs and perspectives of each member.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in, and dedication to improving the health and fitness of clients
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must be at least 18 years old, with high school diploma or equivalent..
- Must maintain CPR/AED/02 and First Aid certifications during employment. Must obtain an audition score equal to or better than average of 3 (Pass).
- YUSA Healthy Lifestyles Principles must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $10.00 - $11.25/hour