Under the direction of the Program Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Coach is responsible for the growth & development of the women's gymnastics team’s (USAG levels 3-8) practices and meets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics; teach techniques for players to acquire additional skills or improve existing skills.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Supervise and conduct practices and contests safely.
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one's team.
- Respond to player injuries with approved first aid techniques.
- Teach individuals and teams how to improve the way they play their sport by analyzing their performances, instructing players in relevant skills and enhancing players' performances.
- Observe individuals' performances to determine the level of instruction required.
- Supervise the physical development of athletes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Gymnastics experience required, competitive gymnastics coaching experience preferred.
- Possess current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/ Oxygen and Child Protection Training.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- USAG Safety Certification or YUSA Gymnastics Instructor certification or equivalent a plus.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $8.55 - $9.23/hour