Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the School Age Child Care Staff is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, and implementation of all curriculum and program activities in the School Age Child Care (SACC) site. The Leader guides the development of children, ensuring a safe, enriching, and healthy environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the day-to-day operation of the site, meeting all state, local, and YMCA standards.
- Maintains accurate classroom records as assigned, within state, local and YMCA standards.
- Follows program curriculum in a developmentally appropriate manner, meeting the individual physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the participants;
- Assists in maintaining appropriate staff-to-child ratios, as specified by the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, at all times.
- Provides careful, attentive supervision, alert at all times.
- Manages the classroom’s resources responsibly.
- Utilizes a diverse selection of materials, equipment and experiences for all enrolled children including multicultural, non-sexist and anti-bias.
- Assists in implementing program curriculum, activities, experiences, and routines, under the guidance of the Site Administrator.
- Participates with children in opportunities to use their large muscles, both indoors and outdoors, with consideration for each child’s physical and developmental capabilities.
- Assists in providing a site that adheres to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety standards.
- Assists in providing a site that exhibits high standards in cleanliness and presentation.
- Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play, and welcomes children.
- Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintains on-going communication with supervisor.
- Assists in facilitating a positive site environment and the development of self control in children through the use of positive guidance techniques; expectations match and respect children’s developing capabilities.
- Upholds the Association’s Child Protection policies, child abuse and neglect guidelines, and proper reporting procedures are upheld at all times.
- Communicates regularly with classroom parents; attends parent/family events as designated by supervisor.
- Demonstrates appropriate decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of YMCA mission, purpose and goals, childcare policies and YMCA standards; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet all licensing requirements under the Department of Human Services of the state and local governments.
- Must possess current CPR, First Aid, Communicable Disease & Child Abuse Prevention certifications, or be willing to obtain.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to engage in all activities associated with the daily care, activities, and routines of the program’s children including but not limited to: interacting with children at floor level, physical education activities such as running, jumping, etc., lifting children and or equipment, and participating in outdoor activities, field trips and swimming as needed.
- Must possess oral, auditory and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $8.55 - $9.00/hour