Under the direction of the Membership Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, Member Services is responsible for providing excellent customer service and keeping members informed of YMCA policies and programs. The Member Services incumbent will assist in membership development by building relationships with members, staff and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet every person entering the YMCA courteously and friendly, calling members and staff by name, having good eye contact, scanning membership cards and checking all non-members in properly.
- Adhere to established staff presentation standards, wearing staff shirt and nametag at all times.
- Member Services duties include, but are not limited to: answering phones, program registration, membership sales, cash receipting operations and proficiently perform all membership functions and responsibilities in the Daxko system.
- Be alert to program safety factors and potential hazards. Know and be ready to implement Emergency Procedures.
- Keep lobby and work area neat, clean and organized.
- Work scheduled hours as assigned or secure trained, qualified staff member to cover scheduled shift.
- Answer the telephone by the fourth ring with the appropriate greeting following proper telephone protocol.
- Conduct building tours, interpreting membership policy and procedures, and interpreting programs to prospective members. Give out membership information and material according to the Tour Protocol.
- Sign up new members: complete application, accept payment, take photos for membership cards, and give new members Owners Manual. Register program participants for classes. Sell merchandise items. Balance end of shift report.
- Be knowledgeable and capable of all items on the Training Checklist and keep up-to-date on communications, schedules and events at the YMCA.
- Address complaints and concerns immediately. Assist customers with questions, problems, and needs. If you are unable to assist or answer their questions, direct them to the appropriate director in charge of that program, or take a name and number if the director is unavailable.
- Inform supervisor in writing of any maintenance requests or needs.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required and proficiency in Daxko and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- CPR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen certifications required with 60 days of hire.
- Support of the mission of the YMCA, display positive and friendly attitude, possesses good customer service and organizational skills.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
STARTING SALARY: $8.55/hour