The Member Experience staff is responsible for providing excellent customer service and keeping members informed of YMCA policies and programs. This position will assist in membership development and in creating great member experiences by building relationships with members, staff and volunteers. The Member Experience staff is also responsible for providing excellent instruction, motivation and support to members participating in the YMCA Healthy Living Programs as well as members who utilize the health center at the YMCA. The Member Experience staff must have an understanding of the principals of YMCA health and wellness and must understand the YMCA as a mission and membership driven organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create the best member experience by greeting every person entering the YMCA in a courteous, friendly manner, calling members and staff by name, having good eye contact, scanning membership cards and conduct proper check in procedures for non-members.
- Adhere to established staff presentation standards.
- Perform welcome center duties including, but not limited to: answering phones (by the 4th ring), program registration, membership interviews/tours/sales, interpreting membership policy and procedures, cash receipting operations and proficiently perform all membership functions and responsibilities in the AS 400.
- Perform health and wellness center floor duties including, but not limited to: safe and effective instruction, education and motivation of YMCA members and participants.
- Execute established health and wellness policies and procedures.
- Provide instruction according to YMCA of the USA guidelines. Understand and implement Emergency Action Plan as necessary.
- Play a major role in member involvement and retention.
- Prepares personalized programs in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate records for participants in all programs, providing positive and regular feedback to participants.
- Address complaints and concerns immediately, assist customers with questions, problems or needs and direct questions requiring additional expertise or assistance to supervisor.
- Directs participants to other YMCA classes, programs, activities and special events.
- Secures substitutes according to set procedures; attends required trainings and maintains appropriate certifications.
- Maintains a clean, safe, sanitary environment in the lobby and fitness center. Reports hazards or potential unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor.
- Exemplifies a healthy lifestyle.
- Assumes all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required and proficiency in Daxko and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with members, staff and the public.
- Must possess current CPR, First Aid, Oxygen and AED certifications. Other specific certifications may also be required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in order to maintain harmonious relationships with staff members, volunteers, program participants and the general public.
- Support the mission and brand of the YMCA and display positive and friendly attitude.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
STARTING SALARY: $10.00/hour