Under the direction of the Program Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Sports Assistant may be responsible for the organization and operation of the gymnasium scoreboard as well as assisting the Program Director as program needs dictate. This may include evenings of Adult Basketball Leagues, Youth Volleyball, Adult Volleyball Leagues, Soccer Leagues, Baseball and weekends with the youth sports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Officiate seasonal intramural sport programs and comprehend, interpret and enforce all appropriate rules for the activity/sport.
- Set up and take down equipment and assist in inventory and maintenance of sports equipment.
- Keep accurate score sheets, records, forms and participation/participant counts for sports program reports.
- Instruct and demonstrate all proper sports/fitness techniques and answer questions about league rules.
- Assist in examining facility/field for safety hazards and report any and all accidents or incidents which may occur.
- Prepare instructional materials and administer program evaluations.
- Enforce all policies regarding the use of recreational sport facilities and assume responsibility for total security of facilities.
- Communicate closely with the branch team on particular problems, circumstances, suggestions for change, etc. and provide proper communication to Y members and program participants.
- Assist in settling all protests or disputes as they occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION , EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Previous officiating and scoreboard operation experience.
- Current CPR Adult and Child and First Aid.
- General knowledge of recreation sports programs and equipment.
- Must have willingness and desire to work with children and adults.
- Possess good conflict resolution skills, good leadership skills, and excellent oral communication skills.
- YMCA Child Abuse Prevention training must be completed within first sixty (60) days of employment.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
STARTING SALARY: $8.55/hour