Under the direction of the Camp Coordinator, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Camp Counselor is responsible for the direct supervision of program participants in a seasonal camp setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise program participants in camp programs.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to ACA standards, medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, boating, camping, songs, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games.
- Current state approved First Aid certification must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current state approved CPR-Child certification must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current immunization record, including tetanus vaccination.
- YMCA Child Abuse Prevention training certification must be completed prior to the beginning of the camp program.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal
SALARY RANGE: $9.00 - $10.00/hour