Under the direction of the Property Manager or Program Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Custodian performs routine janitorial duties to ensure cleanliness of facility. Multiple positions available, to include daytime, evening & weekend hours.
- Cleans and sanitizes sinks, toilets, showers, restrooms and other assigned areas of the building.
- Cleans and maintains floors, walls, windows and other surfaces.
- Empties waste containers.
- Performs various duties such as dusting and maintaining entrances and offices.
- Reports building problems and supply stock problems.
- Performs sidewalk/exterior clean and disposes of trash.
- May set up furniture for special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- One year or more of related experience preferred.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Must have the ability to use equipment and chemicals in prescribed manner, including ability to read labels, MSDS information sheets, and instructions.
- Must have the ability to stay alert to potential safety and security problems.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions independently.
- Ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds.
- YMCA Child Abuse Prevention training must be completed with the first sixty (60) days of employment.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $9.00 - $11.00/hour