Under the direction of the Aquatic Director, Program Director or Executive Director and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Swim Lesson Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating & supervising the branch's indoor & outdoor aquatic instruction program, private swim lessons & swim instructor training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides day-to-day coordination of aquatic instruction programs.
- Actively teaches aquatic classes and/or lifeguards as necessary.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating aquatic staff.
- Schedules instructors to ensure complete coverage.
- Manages all daily statistics and records.
- Maintains aquatic equipment and areas with a high attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Assists with program promotion.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required.
- Provides ongoing in-service training and safety checks with the aquatic staff to assure the safest environment possible.
- Assumes all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Three (3) or more years of experience teaching and/or organizing aquatic programs.
- Must possess CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification, First Aid/AED/Oxygen certifications.
- Must have ability to lead & directly supervise aquatic staff, and the ability to plan, implement & schedule swim lessons.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact and possess strong knowledge of aquatics.
- Ability to work well with members, staff and volunteers and possess good written/oral communication skills and organizational skills.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
STARTING SALARY: $12.00/hour