Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Swim Instructor provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys basic information regarding aquatics programs and schedules.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises Water Safety Assistants as necessary.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must possess current First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Must be certified as YMCA Swim Instructor or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the development of swimming skills.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Must have ability to communicate with parents & guardians on a regular basis.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $8.15 - $8.55/hour