Under the direction of the Site Administrator, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Kids Club Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all program activities in the Kids Club Program. The Coordinator guides the development for children, ensuring a safe, enriching and healthy environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the day-to-day operations of the Kids Club Program, meeting all YMCA regulations and standards.
- Implements a program that is developmentally appropriate, meeting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the participants.
- Maintains appropriate staff-to-child ratios, as specified by the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, at all times.
- Provides careful, attentive supervision, alert at all times.
- Manages the program resources responsibly.
- Utilizes a diverse selection of materials, equipment and experiences for all participants (multicultural, nonsexist, anti-bias).
- Participates with children in opportunities to use their large muscles, both indoors and outdoors, with consideration for each child’s physical and developmental capabilities.
- Provides a program, which adheres to Y health and safety standards and exhibits high standards in cleanliness and presentation.
- Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play and welcomes children.
- Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintains on-going communication with supervisor.
- Facilitates a positive program environment and the development of self-control in children through the use of positive guidance techniques; expectations match and respect children’s developing capabilities.
- Upholds the Association’s Child Protection policies, child abuse and neglect guidelines, and proper reporting procedures.
- Communicates regularly with program parents; attends parent/family events as designated by supervisor.
- Routinely evaluates quality and practices, implementing necessary steps to remedy weaknesses.
- Demonstrates appropriate decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of YMCA mission, purpose, and goals, and YMCA standards; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
- Upholds and exemplifies the YMCA’s principles of Character Development and Customer Service.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess current CPR, First Aid, AED, Child Abuse Prevention and Recognizing Communicable Disease certification.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to engage in all activities associated with the daily care, activities, and routines of program’s children, including but not limited to: interacting with children at floor level, physical education activities such as running, jumping etc., lifting children and or equipment, and participating in outdoor activities, diapering and toileting as needed.
- Must possess oral, auditory and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults; and
- Must be capable of directing the daily administrative, program related, and supervisory responsibilities of a Kids Club program.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $9.00 - $10.13/hour