The Facilities Technician is responsible for the hands on completion of housekeeping, building and grounds maintenance, and the successful operation of the facility systems. It includes preventive maintenance, risk management, equipment maintenance and repair, some staff supervision, assisting in coordinating vendor services as contracted by the branch or facilities department. Will function under the direction of a branch executive and the VP of Facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide hands on implementation and completion of maintenance, including planning and maintaining preventive maintenance programs and assisting with annual improvement plans for facilities and grounds.
- Ensure that facility cleanliness is our number one priority to maintain member satisfaction and retention.
- Responsible for implementing housekeeping systems and leading applicable staff or vendors to ensure that cleanliness and safety are addressed effectively during all hours of operation.
- Perform appropriate custodial duties as necessary to maintain overall facility cleanliness including fill in for special events and employees absences.
- Provide staff leadership to members and volunteers, including committees as assigned.
- Assist in developing the occupancy budget to support preventive and annual maintenance plans. Monitor expenditures against budget.
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Association.
- Order and track all supplies necessary to keep the facility operating at its peak.
- Implement a risk management program to ensure equipment and chemicals are handled safely and to ensure the safety of YMCA members and guests.
- Perform or coordinate outside contractors in landscaping, mowing and cleanliness tasks.
- Assist the VP of Facilities and Property Management on Annual Plan projects as assigned; Incumbent may be responsible for coordinating some projects with subcontractors.
- Responsible for set up as requested, for meetings, activities and special events.
- Assist staff in handling all emergencies or special situations that may occur at the facilities.
- Assume other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Three (3) years or more experience in facility maintenance or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of housekeeping, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry and other maintenance related areas.
- Familiarity with personal computers.
- Ability to relate to members and staff and to communicate well with others.
- Ability to hold a driver’s license.
- Budget Management skills necessary.
- First Aid skills and swimming pool operation recommended.
- Ability to perform minor repairs on mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Ability to perform carpentry work, painting, snow removal, landscaping and other maintenance related areas. Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb, stoop, kneel, and stand for long periods of time.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $38,000 - $42,000