Under the direction of the Wellness Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Group Exercise Coordinator participants and community. Operational responsibilities include staff development, volunteer and community development and facility management administered in accordance with the policies and procedures of the branch and association.
- Manage, direct and coordinate the wellness programs for Group Exercise department and other assigned areas.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers. Provide leadership to the ad-hoc and advisory committees for program areas.
- Develop and implementation of other assigned programs that include specialty classes and camps.
- Provide staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Produce informational material and brochures, as needed for promotional and public relations uses, in conjunction with branch marketing plans.
- Ensure high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on going training of staff
- Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff, members and volunteers.
- Teach a variety of Group Exercise classes and provide class coverage when substitutes not available.
- Assume all other responsibilities deemed necessary or as assigned.
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation Management or equivalent experience preferred.
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/Oxygen.
- Basic understanding of the nature of the YMCA as a mission driven membership organization.
- Must possess skills in administration, marketing, staff supervision, and member & volunteer development.
- Good written/oral communication and organizational skills.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $10.00- $11.25/hour