Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Swim Instructor provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes. Currently looking for swim instructors for the Campbell & Kenton County locations.
- Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys basic information regarding aquatics programs and schedules.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises Water Safety Assistants as necessary.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years old with current First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent, or obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the development of swimming skills.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal
STARTING SALARY: $9.00/hour