Under the direction of the Child Watch Coordinator or Program Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Kids Club incumbent interacts with children, ages infant - 10 years of age. Job duties include but are not limited to, child supervision/direction, group games, arts & crafts, outdoor play and circle time. Primary responsibilities for this position include organizing the activities and participants in the Child Watch area, interacting with children, establishing positive relationships with program participants/families, and following all safety guidelines for YMCA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for safety of children and cleanliness of Child Watch room.
- Provides prompt quality customer service in a friendly, timely and professional manner.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with members/children, staff, and volunteers.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the philosophy, values and mission of the YMCA.
- Wears required nametag, must be neat, clean and professional in appearance in accordance with required dress code.
- Exemplifies the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Reviews and monitors daily schedule.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Clean up spills, change diapers, feed infants, entertain toddlers/school-aged children with appropriate activities.
- Help administer activities and assist other Child Watch staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility with shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be 18 years and older, energetic, responsible and enjoy working with children.
- Possess current CPR/First Aid certification.
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with children is helpful.
- Requires alertness, attention to detail, concentration and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to recognize an emergency situation and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work well with children of various ages and abilities.
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED. Bloodbourne Pathogen and YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training within first 60 days of hire.
- Strong communication & organizational skills, and strong commitment to Y mission/values required.
- YMCA Child Abuse Training must be completed within first sixty (60) days of employment.