Under the direction of the Program Director, and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Birthday Party Host is responsible for planning, organizing, greeting, serving and providing a fun-filled, memorable experience to all birthday party guests. Position works weekends only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct a pre-party call to introduce yourself and give instructions on meeting place and party procedures.
- Prepare party room by decorating and setting the table.
- Greet the party in the lobby and introduce yourself.
- Greet and become familiar with members AND their children by name.
- Escort the party to the party room (and later to the locker rooms for changing).
- Serve cake, soda and ice cream. Clean up after the party.
- Document all gifts for the parent. Assist them to their vehicle with their gifts after children are in the pool.
- Handle all questions and concerns in a courteous, professional manner.
- Gather feedback from members and share with supervisor to help improve service.
- Have a basic knowledge of all programs and facilities.
- Wear staff shirt and name badge and maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Notify supervisor when supplies are low.
- Exceed the expectations of the members through fast and knowledgeable service.
- Pick up trash in your area, hallways, sidewalks, and grass to ensure a great impression for our members.
- Assist janitorial staff in vacuuming, filling paper supplies, emptying trash and cleaning as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum age 16 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year or more working with children, teens and adults.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations.
- Must be able to work independently and or within a group; exhibit patience, responsible behavior, and dependability.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
STARTING SALARY: $8.55/hour