Under the direction of the 21st Century Program Director in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the 21st Century Support Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the daily operations and reporting measures of 21st century programs. The 21st Century Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the YMCA in their work implementing of Federal programs as well as the efforts to strengthen the capacity of YMCA to successfully impact academic readiness and success. Contingent upon funding, this position will be supported by a grant through 06/2020 with the possibility of being extended thereafter.
- Support the accomplishment of project outcomes and objectives over the project period including planning and development.
- Support the process of collecting data in relation to program evaluation and assessment.
- Serve as administrator of online accounts related to 21st century and/or youth development (ex: DESSA).
- Support YMCA Youth Development staff implementing and testing new programs.
- Support direct-service tasks at each sites through scheduled rotations and as-needed when scheduling calls for.
- Support the efforts of YMCAs in new program models through calls, webinars, site visits, impact measurement and program assessments.
- Responsible for inputting data necessary into various programs for required reporting associated with 21st century grants.
- Support efforts to monitor compliance with state and local regulations, ensuring that program standards are met.
- Provide data and reports as required or requested for assigned programs.
- Exemplify the core values and Christian mission of the YMCA.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Earned or working towards a Bachelor's degree in Education, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work or a related field (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Must have a good understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles performed by volunteers and staff.
- Maintain required certifications as applicable.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong, positive customer service skills.
- The incumbent must be able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to the staff in order to accomplish the necessary duties.
- Must be able to direct, and guide all programs with knowledge of the association’s short and long term goals.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
STARTING SALARY: $16.00/hour