Under the direction of the Program Director and in accordance with the Christian nature and purpose of the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, the Group Fitness Instructor I is responsible for assisting in the instruction of physical fitness programs and activities related to the program. Currently looking for individuals to teach RIPPED, Strength Train Together & Silver Sneakers Classic classes. Must be available mid-morning, early afternoon, evening and/or weekend hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in land, water or mind/body class instruction under the direction and support of Group Fitness Instructor II or higher. Group Fitness Instructor I may not teach alone if not certified in YUSA Healthy Lifestyles Principles and Foundations of Group Exercise, YASA or Lifeguard (if applicable).
- Prepare and know instructional materials.
- Clean up area and return materials after class.
- Keep accurate attendance records and totals.
- Administer program evaluations.
- Monitor the class for signs of stress.
- Understand the needs and goals of participants and provide them with a positive, enjoyable environment in which to achieve their fitness goals.
- Provide quality group exercise class that begins and ends on time, follows the scheduled class format, and is at the proper intensity level.
- Arrive early and stay after class to answer questions and set-up, if necessary.
- Be courteous, friendly and greet members by name whenever possible.
- Respect the individual goals, needs and perspectives of each member.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in, and dedication to improving the health and fitness of clients
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess CPR/AED/02 and First Aid certifications prior to hire, and must maintain current certifications during employment. Must obtain an audition score equal to or better than average of 3 (Pass).
- YUSA Healthy Lifestyles Principles must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- YUSA Foundations of Group Exercise or YUSA YASA or Lifeguard and YUSA Water Fitness Instructor (if water fitness is primary mode of instruction), within nine (9) months of employment.
- Regularly attend program training, CEC workshops and staff meetings.
- Know and abide by center policies and procedures.
- Know and abide by center substitution policies; minimizing the use of substitutes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $12.00 - $15.00/hour (based on qualifications/experience)