The Sports Coordinator is responsible for the administration and supervision of the designated sports programs and activities at assigned sites. Programs may include but not be limited to Youth/Adult Sports and involvement with planning of Summer Sports Camp.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, direct and coordinate the sports programs for assigned site(s).
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers.
- Develop, manage and control department budgets related to the position.
- Oversee the development and operations of other assigned programs that include specialty camps.
- Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Produce informational material and brochures as needed for promotional and public relations use, in conjunction with branch marketing plans.
- Ensure high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Secure supplies and equipment for effective program operation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with parent groups, volunteers and other organizations or agencies related to assigned programs.
- Ensure maintenance of assigned program facilities and equipment.
- Assume other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- A Bachelors degree in Physical Education, Recreation Management or equivalent experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience working directly with children or experience in youth/adult sports.
- Must have experience setting up and breaking down sports equipment, and possess knowledge of sports programs and working with volunteers.
- Administrative skills in personnel management, computer usage, organization, scheduling and record keeping. Human relations and motivational skills are needed.
- Current certifications in CPR/First Aid/AED/Oxygen.
- Child Abuse Prevention Training must be completed within 60 days of employment.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $9.00 - $10.13/hour