|Position: Trailer Mechanic Second Shift - Garden City|
|Job Id: 815|
|# of Openings: 0|
TICO is an equipment logistics solutions company that has been in business since 1946. While based out of Savannah, TICO has locations throughout the coast and interior United States. TICO owns and operates over 1500 Jockey Trucks/Terminal Tractors and 800 plus specialty trailers.
Performs miscellaneous repairs and preventive maintenance on terminal transport trailers for proper functioning by performing the following duties. Use precision-measuring instruments such as hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, flame torches, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as grinders, cut-off saw, band saw, pneumatic wrenches, jacks, hoists, welding equipment, and fork lift when necessary to perform diagnostics, maintenance and repair on transport trailer equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current/valid driver’s license, TWIC Card, and forklift operator certification. Maintain all certifications required by OSHA and Company safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Read job orders, technical service bulletins to determine malfunction, and plan work procedures using charts, drawings, technical manuals, and experience. Importance must be placed on troubleshooting the problem with accuracy in order to avoid returns. Perform complete routine, diagnostic, and post-repair inspections on transport trailers, pro shuttle trailers, and bomb carts for any damage, and notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment, and corrective action taken.
· Perform regular servicing and maintenance of equipment, maintaining related service records.
· Replace or repair parts when necessary. Inspect, adjust, and repair air brakes.
· Replace, repair, and adjust axles and bearings.
· Repair/replace airlines, chamber, and trailer valves as required.
· Perform repairs/replacements to suspension components as needed.
· Replace wheel seals as required.
· Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
· Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
· Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
· Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
· Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and increase size of metal parts.
· Repair decking by removing and replacing broken or rotted deck boards.
· Perform minor repairs on terminal tractors.
· Comply with all established industry safety norms and other quality measures while conducting work processes.
· Perform test drive to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
· Drive automobile or service truck to industrial and other sites in order to provide services and respond to emergency services.
· Assist welder/fabricator as needed.
· Other duties may be assigned
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families which includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, vacation and paid holidays.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
To learn more about TICO, visit our website at www.ticotractors.com.
Join us today!
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|
Equal Employment Opportunity
TICO is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization is firmly committed to abide by all the laws pertaining to fair employment practices. This commitment is supported by policies and procedures that foster a nondiscriminatory workplace. All persons having the authority to hire, transfer, pay, train or promote personnel shall support, without reservations, a non-discriminatory policy of hiring or transferring to any vacancy any qualified applicant without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected status.