|Position: Welder / Trailer Mechanic - Jacksonville, FL|
|Job Id: 608|
|# of Openings: 0|
TICO is an equipment logistics solutions company that has been in business since 1946. While based out of Savannah, TICO has locations throughout the Southeast and interior United States. TICO owns and operates over 1500 Jockey Trucks/Terminal Tractors and 800 plus specialty trailers. We are in pursuit of a Trailer Mechanic for our Jacksonville, FL. location.
Perform miscellaneous repairs and preventive maintenance on Terminal transport trailers for proper functioning by performing the following duties. Use precision-measuring instruments such as hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, flame torches, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as grinders, cut-off saw, band saw, pneumatic wrenches, jacks, hoists, welding equipment, and fork lift when necessary to perform diagnostics, maintenance, welding, and repair on transport trailer equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Read job orders, technical service bulletins to determine malfunction, and plan work procedures using charts, drawings, technical manuals, and experience. Importance must be placed on troubleshooting the problem with accuracy in order to avoid returns.
· Perform complete routine, diagnostic, and post-repair inspections on transport trailers, pro shuttle trailers, and bomb carts for any damage, and notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment, and corrective action taken.
· Comply with all established industry safety norms and other quality control measures while conducting work processes.
· Perform regular servicing and maintenance of equipment, maintaining related service records.
· Cut off damaged, broken, or missing supports, brackets, springs, landing legs, boom bosses, low support rods and pins.
· Replace or repair parts when necessary. Inspect, adjust, and repair air brakes.
· Replace, repair, and adjust axles and bearings.
· Repair/replace airlines, chamber, and trailer valves as required.
· Perform repairs/replacements to suspension components as needed.
· Replace wheel seals as required.
· Review work order requesting welding repair.
· Weld metal parts using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
· Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
· Lay out, position, align and fit components to be welded together. Tack weld and complete minor weld repair of metal components.
· Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
· Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
· Weld repairs in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
· Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
· Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
· Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and increase size of metal parts. Repair broken welds and braces.
· Repair decking by removing and replacing broken or rotted deck boards.
· Perform minor repairs on terminal tractors.
· Perform test drive to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
· Drive automobile or service truck to industrial and other sites in order to provide services and respond to emergency services.
· Perform minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines or work pieces.
· Document work hours, parts utilized and assembled, and work performed.
· Provide assistance to other mechanics as needed.
· Comply with Company/agency policy/procedures. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Wear required personal protective equipment during performance of job duties.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License; TWIC card; forklift operator certification. Maintain all certifications required by OSHA and Company safety programs.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families which includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, vacation and paid holidays.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
To learn more about TICO, visit our website at www.ticotractors.com.
Join us today!
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|
Equal Employment Opportunity
TICO is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization is firmly committed to abide by all the laws pertaining to fair employment practices. This commitment is supported by policies and procedures that foster a nondiscriminatory workplace. All persons having the authority to hire, transfer, pay, train or promote personnel shall support, without reservations, a non-discriminatory policy of hiring or transferring to any vacancy any qualified applicant without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected status.