Manufacturing Facility Maintenance
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations.
Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide excellence in our products and invite you to join our team.
Responsible for assisting in the proactive and preventive maintenance of TICO. This includes all maintenance needs and projects for buildings, grounds, and onsite equipment per approved timelines and budgets. This position will also provide janitorial support as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance and installation of all plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all material handling equipment components.
- Perform checks and maintain records assigned.
- Ensure and adhere to safe work practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockout/tag out and confined space rules and regulations.
- Perform routine mechanical, electrical, welding, or machining maintenance activities on equipment including lubrication, inspection, and replacement parts; order and maintain stock levels of lubricants used in plant equipment.
- Understanding, proficiency, and safe use of overhead cranes and rigging techniques.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
- Repair plumbing malfunctions (i.e. leaks, unplugging toilets and drains, etc.)
- Repair electrical malfunctions (i.e. replace fluorescent lights, light bulbs, etc.)
- Assist in remodeling projects (e.g. painting, put together furniture, etc.)
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments.
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ work related experience.
- Experience maintaining logs of repairs, services, and facility records.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Repair of material handling equipment.
- Math and blueprint reading skills.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading.
- Electrical and electronic principles.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shift.
- They must be familiar with, set up and be able to operate hand and power tools.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to participate in Lean principles and continuous improvement activities.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families that includes health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. 401K, vacation and paid holidays. TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Join us today!
Note: Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates over
the phone. Email notifications are sent out when the status of your application is updated.