Job Title: Team Lead
Location: TICO Manufacturing, Ridgeland, SC
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors; with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world we are leading the industry in product innovation, new technology, and exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Launch your career with TICO!
We have an opening for a Team Lead, this person must have strong leadership skills and be able to oversee their team's work and assure deadlines are met on time. Responsible for overseeing and leading a team of direct labor associates in the manufacture and assembly of products, components, and parts for TICO Trucks and Trailers. Must possess a high level of technical knowledge and experience in Truck or Trailers and BOM. Training personnel is a key component in the day to day responsibility of the Team Lead. Must also lead their team in safety, quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Daily assignments of hourly personnel in order to meet schedule commitments and cycle time requirements. Prioritize and manage the workflow within the department to ensure timely and efficient task completion in accordance with the production schedule.
- Accountability for ensuring all quality, regulatory, and ISO requirements are met. Responsible for assuring that appropriate actions are taken to meet all requirements, including stopping production if appropriate.
- Review all work within the department to assure accuracy of the work meets standard operating procedures and job expectations.
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance of the department. Holds departmental employees accountable for following all OSHA and company policies and regulations. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
- Responsible for departmental compliance and enforcement of all company policies and procedures. Ensures consistent and effective employee relations.
- Provides technical expertise for problem resolution. Liaisons with appropriate departments such as Materials, Purchasing, Engineering, Sales Administration, Product Management to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Responsible for the training and development of all departmental personnel. This includes defining the job function requirements, training plans for employees to develop the required skills, and maintaining the department qualification and training skill matrix.
- Actively leads continuous improvement activities within the departments. Leads the implementation of Lean foundational blocks of Identification of Waste, 5S, Standard Work, and Visual Management. Participates in Kaizen Events and takes on roles of subject matter expert where appropriate. Participates in value stream map creation and goal setting for the department product lines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in specialty vehicle production or custom manufacturing environment
- Math and blueprint reading skills
- Able to read tape measure accurately
- TICO operating systems
- Good at problem solving
- Must be familiar with, set up, and be able to operate hand and power tools common to the assembly trade
- Thorough understanding and application of lean principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Lift/Push/Pull - Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing - Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations.
Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide excellence in our products and invite you to join our team.
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Position: Team Lead
Location: Ridgeland, SC
Job Type: Full-Time