Job Title: Material Handler
Location: TICO Manufacturing, Ridgeland, SC
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors; with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world we are leading the industry in product innovation, new technology, and exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Launch your career with TICO!
We have an opening for a Material Handler, you'll be a valuable part of our production team, ensuring accurate products are pulled from inventory and delivered throughout the facility so our production quotas are met on-time while observing the highest standards of safety and quality.
We are looking for a Material Handler who is dependable, values teamwork, pays attention to details, creates solutions, and wants to advance and grow within TICO.
- Organize and issue production materials and parts in manufacturing plant to meet production schedules.
- Move materials and supplies to designated places in the facility or onto trucks and trailers; manually or by forklift.
- Maintain orderly storage and accurate records of current inventory. Participate in physical inventory of parts/equipment.
- Review documents to determine material and product requirements and priorities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands. Confirm accuracy of all receiving slips for materials received.
- Count and record number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Receive new parts and equipment into inventory utilizing forklift truck. Open containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Mark and store parts and equipment in stockroom according to prearranged system.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
- Make every effort to increase productivity and efficiency without compromising quality
- Verify quality of own work by performing industry approved quality assurance tests at all levels.
- Understanding, proficiency, and safe use of overhead cranes and rigging techniques.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments.
- Minimum 0-2 years' work related experience
- Safe forklift operating history
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read tape measure
- Ability to calculate mathematical values
- Must have working knowledge of Internet software usage, order processing systems, inventory software, and word processing software
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shift
- Must be knowledgeable in warehousing procedures
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be able to participate in Lean principles and continuous improvement activities.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Forklift Certification, preferred
Excellent Benefit Package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance Anthem BCBS with TICO contributions towards premiums
- Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance - TICO 100% sponsored
- Medical tax saving account options: FSA or HSA
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurances: Voluntary Life, Disability, Accident, Cancer through Aflac.
- 401K plan with company match
- Drug Free Workplace
- Paid Vacation available in 6 months
- Paid 7 Holidays
- Free Membership to Tickets at Work
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations.
Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide excellence in our products and invite you to join our team.
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Position: Material Handler
Location: Ridgeland, SC
Job Type: Full-Time