Job Title: Product Support Coordinator
Location: TICO Manufacturing, Ridgeland, SC
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors; with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world we are leading the industry in product innovation, new technology, and exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Launch your career with TICO!
We have an opening for a Product Support Coordinator that has prior experience in the mid-size to heavy truck industry, can provide effective customer service, diagnose technical problems, and determine proper solutions for external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of our company's products and processes. Your main objective is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention, and increases profitability.
We are looking for a Product Support Coordinator who is dependable, values teamwork, creates solutions, and wants to advance and grow within TICO.
- In-depth knowledge of TICO products and processes; with the ability to maintain effective customer service and ability to diagnose errors or technical problems to determine proper solutions for all external customers
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods and tools
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions, and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution. Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Manage large volume of incoming calls
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to manage the perception of the TICO brand on every call
- Manage incoming warranty claims and tracking
- Handle RGA & Part return filing
- Administer the process for warranty parts request including tracking & documentation
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Ability to manage on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments. Implementation of Lean foundational blocks of Identification of Waste, 5S, Standard Work, and Visual Management. Participates in Kaizen Events and takes on roles of subject matter expert where appropriate. Participates in value stream map creation and goal setting for the department product lines.
- Service experience of 2-5 years with medium or heavy truck mechanical knowledge.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Technical degree or certification (Preferred)
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Familiarity with TICO systems and practices (Preferred)
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- English literacy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Travel as required (Passport Required)
- Ability to write clearly about highly technical subject matter
- Thorough understanding of electronic systems and component materials
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail with a desire for excellence
Excellent Benefit Package:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance Anthem BCBS with TICO contributions towards premiums
- Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance - TICO 100% sponsored
- Medical tax saving account options: FSA or HSA
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurances: Voluntary Life, Disability, Accident, Cancer through Aflac.
- 401K plan with company match
- Drug Free Workplace
- Paid Vacation available in 6 months
- Paid 7 Holidays
- Free Membership to Tickets at Work
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations.
Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide excellence in our products and invite you to join our team.
- SAFETY: Follow TICO General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of TICO. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product safety, quality, deliver, cost, processes and company profitability.
- TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of TICO and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
- LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
- ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
- DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Position: Product Support Coordinator
Location: Ridgeland, SC
Job Type: Full-Time