|Position: Service Technician - Jacksonville|
|Job Id: 796|
|# of Openings: 0|
TICO is an equipment solutions company in business since 1946. TICO owns and operates a fleet of over 1500 terminal tractors and trailers deployed in major U.S. ports. Our company is a well-established Terminal Tractor leasing company looking for mechanically inclined people to take care of our terminal tractors.
A Service Technician ensures terminal tractors and trucks/equipment are serviced according to company standards in order to provide leased equipment to customers that is optimally functional, clean, and void of all safety related defects and operational in all respects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, jacks, hoists, etc. to perform maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
· Complete all daily tasks assigned by the Operations Manager.
· Assist in setting up and dispatching vehicles/ equipment to customers.
· Follow Company service procedures and safety practices and utilize checklists to provide safe and
optimally functioning equipment for customer operation.
· Perform regular inspections of equipment for safety compliance, damage and maintenance-related
· Immediately report damaged equipment to the Operations Manager.
· Refer repairs to a Maintenance Mechanic using the T.O.S./S.R.I.N. reporting system.
· Replace solid and pneumatic tires as needed.
· Recover disabled equipment.
· Clean inside and outside of tractor regularly in order to maintain neat appearance of leased fleet.
· Add oil, gasoline, inspect for damage to be referred to mechanics.
· Service Technicians are required to dispatch and retrieve terminal tractors and trailers for Company
· Document work hours, vehicle/equipment rental hours, parts utilized, and work performed.
· Comply with Company/agency policy/procedures and maintain a safe, clean and safe work environment. Wear required personal protective equipment during the performance of job duties.
· Additional duties may include:
Respond to any on or off-port service calls.
Drive automobile or service trucks to industrial or other sites in order to provide services
Change tires when needed.
Disabled Vehicle Towing
Cleaning up any fluid spills
Perform all duties of a Service Technician as needed.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families which includes health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K, vacation and paid holidays.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|
Equal Employment Opportunity
TICO is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization is firmly committed to abide by all the laws pertaining to fair employment practices. This commitment is supported by policies and procedures that foster a nondiscriminatory workplace. All persons having the authority to hire, transfer, pay, train or promote personnel shall support, without reservations, a non-discriminatory policy of hiring or transferring to any vacancy any qualified applicant without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other protected status.